We know that fine print can be painful, but we believe it’s important for you to have all the facts!
(1) Advertised prices are valid from June 1st to July 28th, 2019.Advertised prices are for a leased transaction with a term of up to 156 weeks with an option to purchase. Ownership is attained only after all of the periodic payments are made or the early purchase option is exercised as provided in the lease agreement. Advertised prices do not include the $25 processing fee and taxes where applicable. Delivery fees may apply to residences over 50 km from the store. Advertised merchandise may not be exactly as shown. The photographs in this advertisement are representative and may be enlarged to show detail. Advertised merchandise may not be available at all locations. Merchandise may be new or previously enjoyed. Offers are good on selected merchandise and only while supplies last. Pricing is available in locations listed on the back of the flyer only. Limited quantities available at reduced rates.
(2) You are not required to purchase the Total Protection Coverage (“TPC”) to lease the advertised merchandise. The benefits of purchasing the TPC include delivery of the product to your home, installation, repair and replacement of the merchandise due to an inherent defect, broken part or malfunction, no-hassle return and the ability to reinstate your lease after termination or lapse. If same-day delivery is not available, then delivery will occur within 24 hrs of execution of the lease agreement. Some restrictions may apply. Ask store for details.
(3) The Annual Percentage Rate “APR” of 29.9% is calculated from the cost of product. The APR is for a representative lease and may not be the same for all advertised merchandise.
(4) No credit needed does not apply to easyfinancial loan products. Some restrictions may apply. Ask for details, or visit easyhome.ca
(5) Up to 50% off is applicable to previously enjoyed items only and selection may vary by location. Some conditions may apply. Ask in-store for details.
(6) All new approved unsecured loan application(s), with a co-applicant, will receive a 2% reduction on the interest rate to be charged. Interest rate reduction will occur for the term of the approved loan – provided both applicant and co-applicant are approved. Interest rate reduction will be applied to unsecured loan products only. easyfinancial reserves the right to change, amend or withdraw this offer at any time without notice. Conditions apply, see in store for details. Offer is valid in all regions excluding Quebec and Manitoba.
(7) Refer a friend or family member to easyhome and receive a $100 referral reward on every completed lease or funded loan. Only one (1) referral reward payable per referee. Limit of 5 referrals. Referrer must be a resident of Canada (excluding Manitoba) and have reached the age of majority in his/her province/territory of residence. If Referrer has (had) an easyhome lease or easyfinancial loan, account must be in good standing. Some restrictions and conditions may apply. For purposes of this offer, “family” includes your spouse, common-law spouse, child, or parent, in each case where there is voluntary, direct, two-way communication between yourself and the referred friend. For purposes of this offer, “friend” includes only an individual with whom you have a voluntary, direct, two-way communication and it would be reasonable to conclude that they have a personal relationship with and have met in person. After 1 month of the referees’ new lease agreement, $100 credit will be applied to the referrer’s current leasing account, on the front end of their agreement. See in store for details.
(8) Own it in 52 Weeks – July 18th to 20th, 2019 Only! – Own it in 52 Weeks is valid on select products ordered in-store only. Products are previously enjoyed. This offer is a term reduction. Terms will be reduced to 52 weeks on select product. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Some restrictions may apply. See in-store for details.
(**) Anything from anywhere exclusions apply see in store for details. Offer limited to existing customers with account in good standing. Items subject to easyhome standard lease agreement term of up to 156 weeks. Subject to all applicable taxes. Items only sourced within Canada retail channels. Offer subject to availability. Ownership is attained only after all of the periodic payments are made or the early purchase option is exercised as provided in the lease agreement. Conditions apply see in-store for details.
(*) Unsecured personal loan amortization between 9-60 months. easyfinancial offers unsecured personal loans in all of Canada (different lending rules apply to Quebec and can be found at www.easyfinanciere.com and different lending rules for high-cost credit products may apply to Manitoba). Loan amounts range from $500-$15,000, with rates between 29.99% – 46.96%, depending on your loan size, length of term and our assessment of your credit profile. See branch for details. (*) On average loan applications receive credit approval within 10 minutes
(‡) Refer a friend or family member to easyhome and receive a $200 referral reward on every funded loan. Only one (1) referral reward payable per referee. Limit of 5 referrals. Referrer must be a resident of Canada (excluding Manitoba) and have reached the age of majority in his/her province/territory of residence. If Referrer has (had) an easyhome lease or easyfinancial loan, account must be in good standing. Some restrictions and conditions may apply. For purposes of this offer, “family” includes your spouse, common-law spouse, child, or parent, in each case where there is voluntary, direct, two-way communication between yourself and the referred friend. For purposes of this offer, “friend” includes only an individual with whom you have a voluntary, direct, two-way communication and it would be reasonable to conclude that they have a personal relationship with and have met in person. After 1 month of the referees’ new lease agreement, $200 credit will be applied to the referrer’s current leasing account, on the front end of their agreement. See in store for details. Valid until July 27th, 2019.
Purposes for which goeasy Handles Personal Information
goeasy collects and uses personal information for purposes limited to those which are related to its businesses, which include providing household furnishings, appliances, and home electronic products to its customers under lease agreements, staging services, mortgage brokerage services and financial services. We collect personal information primarily from you, for instance through applications and supporting documentation you provide. We may also collect personal information about you through your ongoing interactions with us, from references, employers and other financial institutions you have identified in your application as well as credit bureaus and other third party sources. For example, we may collect personal information from credit bureaus for the purpose of locating you to collect outstanding debts. In connection with loan agreements, we may also collect personal information from credit bureaus in order to verify your current and ongoing creditworthiness and other information you may provide to us.
We may collect and use personal information for purposes such as, but not limited to, the following:
- ·?to manage and promote the business activities of goeasy;
- ·?to verify identity and other information provided by customers and to determine eligibility for products and services;
- ·?to open, administer and service accounts and loans and to provide and administer any requested products or services;
- ·?to evaluate current and ongoing creditworthiness and other requirements and to determine eligibility or suitability for products or services offered by goeasy;
- ·?to advertise, market and promote goeasy’s products and services to customers who have consented to receiving such communication, which include communication by mail, email, telephone, automatic dialers and announcing devices;
- ·?to establish relationships, provide quality service to and communicate with customers;
- ·?to collect outstanding debts;
- ·?to protect the business interests of goeasy and its customers, including to detect and prevent fraud and other unauthorized or illegal activities;
- ·?to maintain business records for reasonable periods to meet legal and regulatory record retention requirements; and
- ·?for other purposes identified by goeasy with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Personal Information goeasy Collects
goeasy limits the amount and type of personal information collected to that which is necessary for our identified purposes, and we collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
Personal information that we collect includes:
- ·?customer name and contact information, including mailing address, telephone number, fax number and/or email address;
- ·?additional information for identity matching and credit check purposes, such as occupation, name of employer, names and contact information for references, assets, liabilities, income, previous address, number of dependents, Social Insurance Number (if provided), date of birth or driver’s license number;
- ·?information about the account or loan, such as current and historical information, balance and indebtedness, account transaction history and similar information and records relating to the handling of any inquiries or complaints;
- ·?payment-related information such as banking information; and
- ·?such other information that is necessary for our identified purposes and that is collected with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Transfers and Disclosures of Personal Information
goeasy may disclose personal information in a number of circumstances, including:
- ·?to credit bureaus, credit reporting agencies and to your current or future creditors for the purpose of maintaining your credit history and providing credit references;
- ·?to financial institutions for payment processing purposes;
- ·?to third parties as reasonably necessary to enforce your contracts with us and otherwise for the collection or payment of a debt owed to us;
- ·?for the purposes of detecting and preventing fraud;
- ·?in connection with audits;
- ·?for the purposes of meeting legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, risk management and security requirements;
- ·?with your consent to goeasy’s insurance partners or other lenders so that they may offer other products and services that may be of interest to you; and
- ·?for other purposes identified by goeasy with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
In addition to the above, personal information may be shared between our affiliates or subsidiaries (including those located in the United States) for internal audit, management, billing or administrative purposes including defending and bringing legal actions.
In the course of fulfilling the purposes described above, goeasy may transfer your personal information to service providers, including affiliates or other third party organizations or individuals retained by goeasy to perform functions on its behalf, such as marketing, data processing, customer service, office, security, collections, insurance, financial and taxation services. When personal information is transferred to service providers, we use contractual or other means to ensure that a comparable level of protection is provided. Some of our service providers may be located outside Canada and will be subject to applicable legal requirements in that country including lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in certain circumstances.
If you are a resident of the Province of Quebec, you understand that we may transfer your personal information to a third party based outside of the Province of Quebec, or store it outside of the Province of Quebec, the handling (including the disclosure to third parties) of that personal information will be subject to the laws and regulations applicable in that jurisdiction and you consent thereto.
goeasy may also use and disclose personal information in connection with the proposed or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets (including your loan or lease and any agreement to which it relates), for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction. Assignees or successors of our business or assets may use and disclose your personal information for similar purposes as those described in this Policy.
goeasy may disclose your personal information as necessary to meet legal, regulatory, insurance, audit, and security requirements, and as otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
goeasy uses reasonable safeguards and other security standards to protect all personal information in its custody and control against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which the information is held. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, and storage of the personal information. Only authorized employees, agents, partners and third parties who require access to personal information to fulfill their job requirements will have access to personal information.
Access and Accuracy
goeasy may establish and maintain a file containing an individual’s personal information for the purposes described above, which will be accessible at our offices. Individuals have the right to request access to or correction of their personal information that is held by goeasy. Requests must be made in writing, addressed to goeasy’s Privacy Officer as per the contact information set out at the end of this Policy. We will respond to written requests within a reasonable time. Copies of records containing personal information may be subject to a fee. If this is the case, goeasy will inform the individual of the amount of the fee in advance. We will use our best efforts to ensure that personal information is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the identified purposes. If an individual successfully demonstrates the inaccuracy or incompleteness of personal information, we will amend the information as required. If we refuse access to personal information or disagree with an assertion that information held by us is incorrect, we will provide a written explanation for such refusal and a description of our complaints procedure should an individual decide to challenge such written explanation. An individual’s right to access or correct personal information is subject to applicable legal restrictions. To prevent fraudulent access to the personal information stored by goeasy, we may take reasonable steps to verify an individual’s identity before granting access or making corrections.
goeasy’s Websites and E-Mail Communication
goeasy does not guarantee the confidentiality of any communications made by you via e-mail or otherwise through our websites. If you wish to provide information of a confidential or sensitive nature to easyhome, please contact us directly by telephone at 1-866-823-3279 or easyfinancial at 1-888-502-3279 to arrange for delivery/transmission of such information by secure means.
In compliance with Google’s advertising policies, we use Google Adwords Search Engine Marketing (Pay Per Click) and Display Advertising (Remarketing and Google Display Network). We use Google AdWords Remarketing in compliance with the Google AdWords Interest-Based Advertising Policy, which means that you may see our advertisements on Google and other third party websites on the internet after visiting our website.
We use Google Analytics for Display Advertising, including Remarketing, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration. You have the option to opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads. For all the currently available opt-outs, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We use the data collected through Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to better understand our website visitors in terms of demographics and interests, to improve our website content in order to cater to our audience, and to customize advertisements based on our audience’s interests and demographics.
In certain circumstances, as permitted or required by law, we may collect, use or disclose personal information without the knowledge or consent of the individual. These circumstances include but are not limited to: personal information that is publicly available as defined by regulation; where collection is clearly in the interests of the individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way; where disclosure is made for the purposes of collecting a debt owed to us; or to comply with a subpoena, warrant or court order.
Inquiries or Further Information
Privacy Officer, goeasy Ltd.,
33 City Centre Drive, Suite 510
Mississauga, Ontario, L5B 2N5, Canada
If you are not satisfied with our response to a privacy-related matter, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at 1-800-282-1376 or at www.privcom.gc.ca. or in Alberta or British Columbia, your provincial privacy regulator, as applicable.